There has been a digital transformation over the last twelve months for Microsoft Dynamics AX, now called Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations. Since its release in November 2016, Microsoft have released monthly updates rolling out more new features and small improvements to the user interface and navigation features.
For some time Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations has included functionality to extend the reach of the core solution to mobile devices, primarily Android and Apple’s IOS ecosystem. To deploy these, it was necessary to install a “hotfix” which included the “mobile workspace”; essentially a cut down rendering of the core functionality for a mobile device. The July 2017 release saw a significant improvement on the browser based client appearance (illustrated below) and the additional mobile workspaces included.
The new mobile workspaces include:
• Expense management – The ability to record job expenses and submit to workflow for approval.
• My team – A manager’s tool showing the key information about a team member such as milestone dates, position, salary, goals, reviews and the ability to send praise “electronically”.
• Company directory – An electronic directory with the business address, email address, phone number and email address for an entire organisation, with included search facilities.
• Cost Control – This workspace provides an instant view of the current performance of cost centers by comparing actual costs against the budgeted costs. You can drill down to statuses of individual cost elements.
• Inventory on hand – The ability to query inventory levels, with images of products and the breakdown of the current stock position.
• Invoice approvals – This facilitates the approval of vendor invoices on a mobile device.
• Purchase order approval – Lets you easily view and respond to purchase orders from your mobile device
• Sales Orders – View detailed information about each sales order. This information includes the status of the order, contact information for the customer, and contact information for the order taker
• Vendor Collaboration – Keep vendors informed about new purchase orders so that they can see and respond in the Dynamics 365 for Operations web client.
• Project Timesheet Entry – As part of their daily work, project resources are often on-site or travelling. With this workspace, users can enter their billable or non-billable time against a project on the mobile device of their choice, at any time.
For a quick look at the new mobile workspaces in Dynamics 365. watch this video
Complexity and variability are the new norm in modern business. Changing customer behaviour, shorter product lifecycles and a rising complexity in global supply chains is making life increasingly difficult…
Demand-driven material requirements planning (DDMRP) has been going from strength to strength since its conception in 2011, with adoption from leading companies around the world. Here, Roger Fleury, Managing…